Document Management System is an application to store and share documents.(Not edit them as you do in Google docs)
I am writing a new generation of this tool. It is based on Spring4, JSF+Primefaces and Java7 NIO2 API. Work is in progress and source code for the same is available here
Here are the features that i am planning to implement:
- List all files in a directory (partially implemented)
- Directory navingation
- Upload a file in any directory
- Delete a file (implemented)
- Rename a file
- Download files
- Implement Security features – Not decided yet, what to do here. Maybe for e.g. users should not be able to delete files uploaded by someone else
Please feel free to let me know what features you might want in the application if you want me to implement them.
This is a web application made up of Spring MVC and Hibernate and uses MySql database. Application uses Maven build tool and can be downloaded from link below.
I shall not be adding any features to this codebase. However source code is free to use and modify as per your requirement. For feature list please visit project’s home page.
- Allows users to store documents at a central location
- List Personal and public documents based on upload date
- Security enabled to keep personal documents protected
- User can upload a document as public to allow a read only access of it to everyone but delete permission to himself only
- Search documents based on tags, name, title, comments etc.